Our friends over at Creative Migration are hosting their 1st Annual Benefit this Saturday, April 6th in Silverlake CA. We’ve donated a few signed AP’s in support. We hope you can make it. Thanks for caring!
Join Creative Migration’s Annual Benefit: BEYOND SUSTAINABILITY
Celebrate a community of artists and entrepreneurs who are moving toward
a thriving economy and environment for our future.
Los Angeles (April 3, 2013) Creative Migration is hosting its 1st Annual Benefit, BEYOND SUSTAINABILITY on April 6, 2013. Creative Migration will be celebrating successes over the last year including completion of a sustainably produced short documentary about art and social engagement entitled, POST NEW BILLS: The Story of Green Patriot Posters.
The film is an official selection of the Green Patriot Posters design campaign, and will be included as the first film contribution to the campaign during the launch of its traveling solo exhibition at the Design Museum Boston in 2014. Creative Migration is now expanding its mission to model and implement sustainable practices for a growing global community of artists and social entrepreneurs.
The benefit is from 6:30 to 10:30 pm at Yeh Studio located at 1064 Myra Avenue in the Silverlake neighborhood of Los Angeles.
For more information and tickets, please click here
· BEYOND SUSTAINABILITY is a ZERO WASTE event with Sustain LA. No plastic, aluminum, Styrofoam or disposable items will be used. All waste will be recycled and/or composted. The goal is to educate and inspire guests to not only think differently but also know how to do it differently.
· A diverse group of experts will share their innovative approaches to sustainable living. Featuring Renewable Energy/Sustainability Expert, Elena Christopoulos; Good Planet Media Founder/CEO Michael Kaliski; Creative Director, Guillaume Wolf and Environmental Artist, Cristopher Cichocki.
· We’re inviting an expansive dialog with our audience about how sustainability happens; how we can move beyond sustainability as a culture; and how we can thrive. And, we’ll be filming for a new Creative Migration project about sustainability on all seven continents.
· We’re having a special screening of POST NEW BILLS. The film tells the story of the highly acclaimed multimedia design campaign that challenges artists to deepen public understanding of climate change. Green Patriot Posters has reached five million people through print media, public space and digital culture and our film features interviews with Shepard Fairey, DJ Spooky, Michael Bierut, Dmitri Siegel, The Canary Project and Mathilde Fallot. Locations include San Francisco, Los Angeles, Ventura, New York, Paris and Stockholm.
· Our auction includes original work donated by Shepard Fairey, Eric Ernest Johnson, Colin Finlay, Zefrey Throwell, Grayson Cox and many others. We have rare limited edition music memorabilia from bands such as Radiohead, as well as several autographed items; raffle donations from local establishments such as the Hammer Museum and Amoeba Music and much more!